Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This is a picture of my friend as we arrived at the base of our climb that would lead us to the top of Spirit Mountain. We were 10 miles away from our car, no sight of civilization, and The Bear's Tooth was towering above us in the distance! The whole experience was absolutely amazing, and I wanted to capture the moment, but wouldn't you know it...I had no idea about depth of field. I have a nice focused picture of my friend Justin, but the beautiful background looks like junk (can you say "way to blow it!"?). I really want to be able to take in focus landscapes, and in focus photos of my friends and I on top of the mountains we climb. I need some work on depth of field, so about an hour ago I went out shooting for practice!


Tonight's model was a really cool looking tree on the Laurel Golf Course's grounds. I took plenty of photos from many different angles, I used different F-stop settings, as well as shutter speeds. I also have a polarizing filter, so I took some with, and some without the filter. I'm really happy with the results, although it's not really the most artistic photo, the tree as a whole is in focus!
I love nature, but I'm starting to realize I love still things the most. I had fun trying to find the right tree to shoot, and was able to scope out a perfect apple tree I want to make my next target. Can't wait to shoot again and continue practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment