Wednesday, September 19, 2012


Since school has started, I'm beginning to miss the mountains very much. I've been so busy with work and life in general that I haven't been able to get out and enjoy what I love. I decided to look through some photos of a few backpacking trips I went on over the summer and noticed that I was at many very beautiful streams and did not photograph them to all of their potential. I'm hoping that next weekend I'll be able to get out and go for a hike, and most of all practice my photography of moving water! I really want to get some softened streams or waterfalls, as well as work on staging a scene, like removing twigs from the background and maybe even tossing a few leaves in the water to 'spice' things up a bit.




Above are some pictures I took in the Crazy Mountains on the way to Thunder Lake. My pictures do nothing to capture how awesome a place this was. I want to be able to look at something like this, and take my time figuring out where and from what angle I should use to make a pleasing photograph. If I had a polarizing filter, had softened the water, and included some sky (as well as had a tripod) this might have turned out slightly better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment